Thursday, February 9, 2017

The Late Night Scare

Deuteronomy 6:5 (NKJV)

5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

This verse has more meaning than ever today. 
 
After an ER scare last night when I couldn't move my left arm, numbness and tingling down the left arm, and was all "puffy" feeling, I had no idea what was going on with me. Of course anxiety sets in and my blood pressure rockets skyward and my heart joins the race.
 
"What was happening to me?", I wondered. Nothing like this ever happened before, not this kind of feeling. Months and months ago after having an EKG, I was told that I had a "good" heart, so I started wondering, was something wrong with my good heart?
 
I knew that my head was rebelling against me. Apparently it wanted to annex itself from my body.We had been at war for days.

I hitched a ride to ER courtesy of two paramedics and tests were ran on me. The EKG still proved I had a "good" heart. After the CT scan result showed that, yes, I do have a brain and a good looking brain (that's what they said and I will take their word for it), and the x-ray showed that my shoulder is right where it belonged, it was determined that I may be suffering from Cervical Radiculopathy. 
 
Oh, my. Now that is a big word that sounds scary. Well maybe to some...basically it's just a fancy word for pinched nerve. 
 
Apparently, probably from having a war with my head for the last four days (and by the way it is still where it belongs; the annexation was denied), the migraine may have caused a bulging spinal disk in my neck or the narrowing of the spinal joint from the beginnings of arthritis. Who knows?
 
Well, God does, so that verse is on par with me today.

Through it all, I held steadfast to my faith and love for God. It didn't matter if I was told my heart was broken, or my shoulder decided to relocate, or my brain decided to stroke out, I knew that God was with me all the way and still is today.

My strength may be less today, but with all my strength that I possess I will love Him anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment